Monday, May 30, 2016

Departure and arrival

And so it became time to pack my suitcase and hop on the airplane. I love traveling as much as the next girl, but this time I had only one way ticket. Such is moving to a new country: it's not really traveling, now is it.


Flight was smooth, a little turbulence but nothing biggie. My new boss was at the airport to pick me up even though it was late in the evening, and he took me to my new home. Feelings were very mixed - hard to believe that I'm really here, that I really did this.

****

Ja niin koitti aika pakata matkalaukku ja hypätä lentokoneeseen. Rakastan matkustamista yhtä paljon kuin kuka tahansa muu, mutta tällä kertaa minulla on vain menolippu. Sellaista on muutto uuteen maahan: se ei olekaan vain pelkkää matkustamista.

Lento sujui hyvin, vähän turbulenssia, muttei mitään ihmeellistä. Uusi pomoni tuli hakemaan lentokentältä vaikka kello oli jo paljon ja toi uuteen kotiini. Tunteet olivat todella sekavat - on vaikea uskoa että todella olen täällä, että todella tein tämän.

No comments:

Post a Comment