Friday, April 6, 2018

Apartments, landlords and boxes, part 2

So the story continues.

As I got an "ok" from my landlord for terminating the rental contract at the end of March, it was time to act fast. I had been staying since Christmas at my man's place, and spent only few nights at my own home. As we both have been used to our independent life and certain space, we did agree that I would keep my place and use it as my ateljee for the time being, even if I would practically be living at his place. When all this bullshit happened with the owner and landlord, I had thrown an idea of me renting a self storage for my stuff and just make the arrangement of us two living together official. My man said to me that us having two places and me using my place only every now and then is money wasted and makes no sense, and he agreed with getting a self storage for my stuff. So far we haven't had the need to do that as one of his colleagues came to the rescue and offered to store the stuff and put some of the furnitures in use with his family. It might be that we still do need to rent some small self storage, but at least for now my stuff are stored safely at their place. It was a huge favor to do and even bigger help to me, and I cannot thank them enough.

So, we made a plan that Good Friday would be The Moving Day, and so it happened. I spent the weekend before packing all of my stuff into boxes that would go into storage. This meant that my beloved fantasy books are now stored away, and I also had to package my dragons as we simply have no room for them at my man's place. In-between life is never fun, but I have to concentrate thinking that this in-between has a termination date as this is an interim solution. I'm fully aware that often interim solutions tend to turn into permanent solutions, but our plan is to find a new apartment at the end of the year. His rental contract will be ending then, so we can then find something bigger and with a yard for the puppies (and me) and build our home together. We will need lots of space though - I need my ateljee, he needs his hobby room and of course we need a guest room! Movie theater room wouldn't be a bad idea either... Hmm, this will get out of hand :)



During the weekend when I packed, I also carried a lot of stuff with me to his place and arranged it in order to keep everything under control. Who could've thought my little Furioza would work as a moving car as well?! My man was skiing with his friends on this very weekend, so I was left on my own with all the packing. In a way it was actually better this way as I could do things my way, label everything and secretly still keep some arts and crafts stuff that anybody else would've thrown away... But one needs to have material, right? I did throw away a lot of shoes and clothes, and all I could feel was just this huge, huge relief and burden being lifted from my shoulders. No more would I have to stay for the night with hundreds of spiders, or take a shower in that filthy and barely functioning bathroom (without a door), or listen how the rubble keeps on falling from the hole in the ceiling. No more would I have to sweat while sleeping as the warm water pipes keep heating upstairs and there is absolutely nothing to be done about it. No more would I have to cook in the kitchen that is no kitchen. No more would I have to look at the dirty floors and dirty walls. 


To my astonishment it has indeed been different to live here with my man after the move. My name is in the mailbox, my name is in the doorbell, my photos are on display, my arts and crafts supplies are mostly in the cellar. Now I'm not staying with my man, but we live together. And it feels awesome. It might be an in-between life with all my dragons packed away, but for sure it is luxurious to have a door to a bathroom, a functioning shower, an actual kitchen and lots of light from un-dimmed windows. It might be an in-between life, but the summer is coming, Brutale is waiting for me, the mountains are calling and my man is also driving his motorbike license as we speak. Let the sun shine and good life bloom. And don't forget: the biggest and the greatest dragon of them all is not packed away but is here, living her life to the fullest. 

*****

Ja niin tarina jatkuu.

Kun vuokraisäntäni kuittasi vuokrasopimuksen päättämisen maaliskuun loppuun, oli aika toimia nopeasti. Olin yöpynyt joulusta saakka mieheni luona, ja viettänyt ainoastaan muutamia öitä omassa kodissani. Koska olimme molemmat tottuneet itsenäiseen elämään ja tiettyyn tilaan, päätimme että pidän oman asuntoni ja käytän sitä toistaiseksi ateljeenani, vaikka käytännössä asuisinkin hänen luonaan. Kun kaikki tämä paska vuokraisännän ja asunnon omistajan kanssa tapahtui, heitin ilmaan ajatuksen siitä että vuokraisin varastotilaa tavaroilleni ja muuttaisimme virallisesti yhteen. Mieheni sanoi minulle että kahden asunnon pitäminen ja se, että käyttäisin omaa asuntoani vain silloin tällöin, on rahan heittämistä hukkaan ja aivan järjetöntä, ja hän oli samaa mieltä varastotilan vuokraamisesta tavaroilleni. Tähän mennessä emme ole joutuneet sitä vuokraamaan, sillä yksi mieheni kollegoista riensi apuun ja tarjosi omaa taloaan tavaroideni säilytyspaikaksi. Hän ottaa osan huonekaluista käyttöön perheensä kera. Saattaa olla että joudumme vielä vuokraamaan jonkin pienen erillisen varastotilan, mutta ainakin toistaiseksi tavarani ovat turvallisesti heidän luonaan. Se oli valtavan suuri palvelus ja sitäkin suurempi apu minulle, enkä voi kiittää heitä tarpeeksi.

Niinpä päätimme että Pitkäperjantai olisi muuttopäivä, ja näin tapahtui. Vietin edellisen viikonlopun pakaten tavaroitani laatikoihin jotka vietäisiin säilöön. Tämä tarkoitti sitä että rakkaat fantasiakirjani ovat nyt varastoitu, ja jouduin myös pakkaamaan lohikäärmeeni sillä meillä ei yksinkertaisesti ole niille tilaa mieheni luona. Välitila ei ole koskaan hauskaa, mutta minun täytyy keskittyä ajattelemaan että tällä välitilalla on päättymispäivä sillä tämä on vain väliaikainen ratkaisu. Olen varsin tietoinen siitä että usein väliaikaisista ratkaisuista tulee lopullisia, mutta suunnitelmamme on löytää uusi asunto tämän vuoden lopussa. Mieheni vuokrasopimus päättää tuolloin, joten voimme etsiä jotain isompaa ja pihallista ipanoiden (ja minun) takia ja rakentaa kotimme yhdessä. Tarvitsemme tosin paljon tilaa - minä tarvitse ateljeeni, mieheni harrastehuoneensa ja tietenkin tarvitsemme vierashuoneen! Elokuvateatterihuone ei sekään olisi hassumpi ajatus... Hmm, tämä lähtee ihan lapasesta :)

Kun pakkasin, muutin paljon tavaraa jo mieheni luo ja järjestin kaiken paikalleen jotta asiat pysyisivät kontrollissa. Kukapa olisi uskonut että pikkuinen Furiosani toimii myös muuttoautona?! Mieheni oli laskettelureissulla juuri tuona viikonloppuna, joten jäin omilleni pakkaamaan. Jollain tavalla se oli jopa parempi näin sillä sain tehdä asiat omalla tavallani, merkitä kaiken ja salaa säilyttää sellaista askartelutarviketta jonka kuka tahansa muu olisi heittänyt pois... Mutta pitäähän materiaalia olla, eikö vaan? Heitin paljon kenkiä ja vaatteita pois, ja saatoin tuntea valtavaa, valtavaa helpotusta ja miten paino nostettiin hartioiltani. Enää minun ei tarvitsisi olla siellä yötä satojen hämähäkkien kanssa, tai käydä suihkussa likaisessa ja lähes toimimattomassa kylpyhuoneessa (ilman ovea), tai kuunnella miten betonijäte tippuu katon reiästä. Enää minun ei tarvitsisi hikoilla nukkuessani kun lämminvesiputket lämmittävät yläkertaa eikä asialle voi tehdä yhtään mitään. Enää minun ei tarvitsisi kokata keittiössä joka ei ole keittiö. Enää minun ei tarvitsisi katsella likaisia lattioita ja likaisia seiniä.

Hämmästyksekseni mieheni kanssa asuminen on ollut erilaista muuton jälkeen. Nimeni on postilaatikossa, nimeni on ovikellossa, valokuvani ovat esillä, enimmät askartelutarvikkeeni ovat kellarissa. Nyt en vain ole mieheni luona, vaan asumme yhdessä. Ja se tuntuu mahtavalta. Se saattaa olla välitilaelämä lohikäärmeiden ollessa pakattuna, mutta totisesti on luksusta saada ovi kylpyhuoneeseen, toimiva suihku, oikea keittiö ja paljon valoa himmentämättömistä ikkunoista. Se saattaa olla välitilaelämää, mutta kesä on tulossa, Brutale odottaa minua, vuoret kutsuvat nimeäni ja mieheni suorittaa parhaillaan moottoripyöräkorttiaan. Antaa auringon paistaa ja hyvän elämän kukoistaa. Äläkä unohda: suurin ja mahtavin lohikäärmeistä ei ole pakattu varastoon vaan on täällä, eläen elämäänsä täysillä.


No comments:

Post a Comment