Monday, June 10, 2019

Licorice, bikes and holidays

During May and June it seems that Bavaria has nothing but public holidays. Most of the weeks are four working day weeks, and I have to admit I can't really complain about that. What have we been doing? Well. After my man had returned from Finland, we had one of our friend's birthday party. We also finally did our very first motorbike ride together this season! However, my bike is nothing but a big pile of problems. The battery doesn't hold up anymore, so it has to be charged every week. That alone is reason enough for me to change the damn bike. It's also very high torque, and even though it does make it hungry and angry, I do like more low torque bikes. 


We also had guests from Finland for a couple of days! My man's mother, her sister and their husbands came for a visit. We did spend relative fair amount of time at our yard and enjoyed some serious barbecue, but we also visited the center of town like good tourists should. And even though I only hoped I would've said something about Finnish candy, they managed to read my mind and brought with them some licorice!


Summer is blooming. Flowers and trees are all at its peak, and warmth is finally here. Can't really complain about the sceneries either. 



I also did myself new nails. I've been thinking for a long time to change the shape, and now it was the time for it. I like the end result a lot, and even though I didn't shorten them at all, they feel shorter. They still fit my motorbiking gloves, so I'm good :D 


*****

Toukokuu ja kesäkuu Baijerissa on pyhäpäivien värittämää. Suurin osa viikoista on neljäpäiväisiä, ja on myönnettävä etten voi valittaa siitä. Mitä olemme puuhanneet? No. Mieheni Suomesta paluun jälkeen meillä oli ystävän syntymäpäiväjuhlat. Kävimme myös kauden ensimmäisellä yhteisellä moporetkellä! Siitä huolimatta tuntuu että pyöräni on vain kasa ongelmia. Akku ei kestä enää lainkaan, joten sitä pitää ladata joka viikko. Se yksistään on minulle aivan riittävä syy vaihtaa koko hiton pyörä. Se on myös korkeiden kierrosten kone, ja vaikka se tekeekin siitä nälkäisen ja vihaisen, pidän enemmän matalan väännön koneista. 

Meillä oli myös vieraita Suomesta muutaman päivän ajan! Mieheni äiti, hänen siskonsa ja heidän miehensä tulivat vierailulle. Vietimme varsin runsaasti aikaa pihallamme ja nautimme kunnon grillauksesta, mutta kävimme myös keskustassa vierailulla kuten kunnon turistien pitää. Ja vaikka ainoastaan toivoin että olisimme sanoneet jotain tuliaisista, he onnistuivat lukemaan ajatukseni ja toivat lakritsia mukanaan!

Kesä kukoistaa. Kukkaset ja puut ovat huipussaan, ja lämpö on vihdoin täällä. En voi juuri valittaa maisemistakaan. 

Tein myös itselleni uudet kynnet. Olen pohtinut jo pitkään muodon muuttamista, ja nyt oli aika tehdä se. Pidän todella paljon lopputuloksesta, ja vaikken lyhentänytkään niitä lainkaan, ne tuntuvat lyhyemmiltä. Ne mahtuvat myös edelleen mopohanskoihin, joten kaikki hyvin :D 




No comments:

Post a Comment