Monday, June 5, 2017

Loneliness

I've always enjoyed being alone. I have lots of arts and crafts that I enjoy creating and that usually is best achieved when spending time alone with them. I'm happy to spend my time by myself watching Netflix, going for long walks with my puppies, reading a good book... There's plenty of things that I gladly my time with.

But never before coming to Germany I have been truly alone. When in Finland, even though I was alone, I was never lonely. I have few very good friends that I can always call, I could see them over the weekends and all sorts of different things.

But after moving to Germany I have realized how painstakingly and utterly alone I am. Of course my friends back in Finland are there, just a phone call away, but I cannot meet them casually over the weekends. Here I have one friend that I can see. Of course at work I see my colleagues every day, but I can't call them in the evenings. I have never been lonely before, but here in Germany I have had to face the fact how lonely I am. It didn't even occur to me before relocating that I could ever feel this lonely.

I guess we live and learn from everything, but I have to say that this lesson has not been an easy one. Few days ago I wrote to the universe. I hope that universe is listening for I am so very tired.

******

Olen aina nauttinut yksinolosta. Teen paljon askarteluja ja niiden parissa on usein parasta viettää aikaa yksin. Katselen mielelläni keskenäni Netflixiä, käyn pitkillä kävelyillä ipanoiden kanssa, luen hyvää kirjaa... On paljon asioita joiden parissa mieluusti vietän aikani.

Mutta koskaan ennen Saksaan tuloa en ole ollut todella yksin. Kun olin Suomessa, vaikka olinkin yksin, en ollut koskaan yksinäinen. Minulla on muutama erittäin hyvä ystävä joille voin aina soittaa, joita voin nähdä viikonloppuisin ja kaikkea muuta vastaavaa.

Mutta Saksaan muuton jälkeen olen tajunnut miten tuskaisen ja järkyttävän yksin olen. Tottakai ystäväni Suomessa ovat edelleen olemassa, vain puhelinsoiton päässä, mutta en voi tavata heitä helposti viikonloppuisin. Täällä minulla on yksi ystävä jota voin tavata. Tottakai töissä näen kollegoitani päivittäin, mutta en voi soittaa heille iltaisin. En ole koskaan ollut aiemmin yksinäinen, mutta täällä Saksassa olen joutunut kohtaamaan sen faktan miten yksinäinen olen. Minulle ei koskaan  ennen muuttoa edes juolahtanut mieleen että voisin tuntea itseni näin yksinäiseksi.

Kaikesta oppii, mutta täytyy sanoa että tämä läksy ei ole ollut helppo. Muutama päivä sitten kirjoitin universumille. Toivon että universumi kuuntelee sillä olen niin kovin väsynyt.

No comments:

Post a Comment