Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Finnish guests

I had the honor to host some Finnish guests on Monday evening. They were traveling through Europe by car, and had asked before if other Finnish people would be willing to lend them a hand: help them to do their laundry and maybe give a place to sleep for one night. I volunteered if they needed a place here in Munich. They reached out to me, and in the end schedules matched and they came to my place for the evening. We did laundry, I cooked us some dinner and we chatted. I felt like an ancient dinosaur beside my young guests, but we had lots of fun and it was great talking Finnish for one evening!



*****

Sain kunnian emännöidä iltaa maanantaina. Suomalainen pariskunta oli lomamatkalla ympäri Euroopan autollaan, ja olivat aiemmin kyselleet muilta suomalaisilta mahdollisuutta auttaa: pyykinpesua tai mahdollisesti yösijaa yhdeksi yöksi. Tarjouduin vapaaehtoiseksi mikäli tarvitsevat paikkaa täällä Münchenissä. He ottivat yhteyttä, ja loppujen lopuksi aikataulut täsmäsivät ja he tulivat luokseni illaksi. Pesimme pyykkiä, kokkasin meille illallista ja juttelimme. Tunsin itseni ikälopuksi dinosaurukseksi nuorten vieraideni rinnalla, mutta meillä oli oikein hauskaa ja oli mahtavaa puhua suomea yhden illan ajan!

1 comment: