Sunday, January 13, 2019

Winter

Winter has finally arrived to Germany. I've been still using my bicycle up until last Wednesday when I finally had to give in. It's been snowing some, then melting, then snowing again and it just got too slippery. We also had a snowstorm at the end of the week and even though it's been raining today and the snow is melting, for a few days we had a real winter. We even had to go and buy a snow shovel, and it came to use already because the puppies needed pathways in the garden. Hopefully in a week or two I can take my bicycle out again for I really don't like the (over)crowded subway.


I also took on a new arts and crafts project. I decided I need a new scarf (hah!) and there is this one pattern I've been wanting to try for probably years now. It's been a lazy Sunday with some summer yarn and a crochet hook. As the puppies woke us up already after 6am, I could've been more efficient with for example painting the walls, but instead I've been hooked on hooking!


*****

Talvi on vihdoin saapunut Saksaan. Kuljin edelleen aina viime keskiviikkoon saakka polkupyörälläni jolloin jouduin vihdoin luovuttamaan. Lunta on satanut, sitten se on sulanut, sitten on taas satanut lisää lunta ja niinpä alkoi olla liian liukasta. Täällä oli myös lumimyrsky viikon lopussa ja vaikka tänään onkin satanut ja lumi on sulamassa pois, muutaman päivän ajan meillä oli oikea talvi. Meidän piti jopa ostaa lumilapio ja sitä tarvittiin jotta ipanat saivat polkuja puutarhaan. Toivottavasti viikon tai kahden kuluttua pystyn jälleen jatkamaan polkupyöräilyä sillä en todellakaan pidä (yli)kansoitetusta metrosta. 

Aloitin myös uuden askarteluprojektin. Päätin että tarvitsen uuden huivin (hah!) ja olen halunnut kokeilla erästä mallia jo varmaankin useamman vuoden verran. Sunnuntai on ollut laiska kera kesälangan ja virkkauskoukun. Koska ipanat herättivät meidät jo aamukuuden jälkeen, olisin voinut olla tehokkaampi esimerkiksi maalaamalla seinät, mutta sen sijaan olenkin ollut koukussa koukkuun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment