Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Flowers, jackets and bikes

Despite jinxing it, I declare spring having begun! Temperature rises during days well over 10 degrees and sun has been shining for a while now. One sure sign of spring is motorbikes and motorbike fair. That event took place during the past weekend and of course we went there. It was packed already early in the morning when we arrived.


I did find myself new pair of riding gloves. Finally! I've been searching them for a long time, but because of my nails, it's been almost impossible to find some that would actually fit. But these are perfect and I don't have to shorten my nails even the tiniest! I was also looking for a driving jacket as my old one is not really that good. I didn't find that, but luckily enough I found a leather jacket to make the disappointment to go away!


I did also find my potential new bike. As much as I like my Brutale, it is high torque and I hate that. I like low torque bikes, but I'm also very picky what it comes to the looks. On top of that the bike has to be low and light. KTM has one that fits with the low torque demand, but otherwise it doesn't please my eye at all. Plus it's too high for me. My dream bike is Buell that I had back in Finland long time ago, but since they stopped manufacturing it ten years ago, it makes no sense to get one of those. Ducati has one model and this spring they brought new color scheme for it and it was stunning! It is also very low and pretty light. Ducati Café Raser might be The One. 


It was also Valentine's Day last week. It's not really a big deal for us in Finland, so me and my man didn't feel like any special celebration would be in place. He did, however, being the sweetheart he always is, bring me these <3


*****

Huolimatta siitä että saatan pilata jotain, julistan kevään alkaneeksi! Lämpötila nousee päivisin yli 10 asteen ja aurinko on paistanut jo jonkin aikaa. Yksi varma kevään merkki on moottoripyörät ja moottoripyörämessut. Ne olivat menneenä viikonloppuna ja tietenkin menimme sinne. Siellä oli aivan täyttä jo aikaisin aamusta jolloin olimme perillä. 

Löysin itselleni uudet ajohanskat. Vihdoinkin! Olen etsinyt niitä jo pitkään, mutta koska kynnet, on ollut melkein mahdotonta löytää sopivia. Nämä ovat kuitenkin täydelliset eikä minun tarvitse lyhentää kynsiäni lainkaan! Etsin myös uutta ajotakkia sillä vanha ei ole niin hyvä. Sitä en löytänyt, mutta onneksi löysin nahkatakin lohdutukseksi!

Löysin myös potentiaalisen uuden pyöräni. Niin paljon kuin pidänkin Brutalestani, se on korkean väännön kone ja inhoan sitä. Pidän matalan väännön koneista, mutta olen myös hyvin kranttu mitä tulee ulkonäköön. Sen lisäksi pyörän täytyy olla matala ja kevyt. KTM:llä on yksi joka täsmää matalaan vääntöön, mutta muuten se ei juurikaan miellytä silmääni. Lisäksi se on minulle liian korkea. Unelmapyöräni on Buell joka minulla oli Suomessa kauan sitten, mutta sen valmistus on lopetettu kymmenen vuotta sitten eikä sellaista ole mitään järkeä hankkia. Ducatilla on yksi kiva malli ja tänä keväänä siitä tuli uuden värinen versio ja se oli upea! Se on myös hyvin matala ja melko kevyt. Ducati Café Raser saattaa olla Se Oikea. 

Viime viikolla oli myös Ystävänpäivä. Suomessa se ei ole niin kovin iso juttu, joten emme mieheni kanssa kokeneet tarvetta erikoisjärjestelyille. Hän kuitenkin oli oma kultainen itsensä kuten aina ja toi minulle nämä <3


No comments:

Post a Comment