Saturday, February 2, 2019

Hospital, part 3

All in total I spent five days at the hospital. The doctors were pondering between a week and five days, but luckily enough I responded to the treatment well and my body was able to tolerate the heavy meds without problems. This meant that five days was enough and then I was able to go home. I still had to stay at home and recover for another week, but at least I was out from the hospital. All in total during these two weeks I finished one scarf, nearly finished second one and watched staggering SEVEN seasons of Homeland from Amazon! (I have to say that I'm now pretty fed up with terrorists, domestic and foreign, espionage, conspiracies and intriguing.)

As a private insurance holder I was supposed to be in a private room from the first day onwards. Unfortunately they were packed at the ward, and the first two or three days I had to stay in a double room. I shared the room with an older lady, and even though I do understand that she was probably quite lonely and definitely not in a very good shape, I do NOT understand why she felt it was better to wake me up in the middle of the goddamn night instead of calling for the nurses. There really isn't that much I can do to help get her up and take her to the toilet. In the end I called the nurses when she refused. Needless to say, I was pissed. It was bad enough that the nurses did change her diaper at midnight, and the morning IV came at 5am. Breakfast was brought already at 7am, so there wasn't actually chances for me to have a proper good night sleep.

The last few days I was able to stay in a private room. This was haven. No midnight calls, no changed diapers during the night. Of course the morning IV still came at 5am, but at least that was the only wake up call during the night.

As a private insurance holder I was also able to choose my menu out of five different options. I wasn't too optimistic since hospital food is always hospital food, but the food in this hospital was ridiculously poor. It didn't have enough protein, no fresh veggies and barely one piece of fresh fruits daily. The dinner was two pieces of bread and few slices of either cheese or ham. They served only one warm meal per day. It can of course be possible that there was again just something I was supposed to know (like where to get drinks - they didn't bring anything with the food, so I had only tap water until I asked that isn't there seriously anything else available? And only then they told me that oh yeah, you can have mineral water, tea or coffee but you have to get them yourself from a special room! Of course I KNEW that, like I KNOW everything that includes reading people's minds.) to get proper food, but if there was, it didn't dawn on me during the five days I stayed there. You can guess from the pictures below which one was breakfast, which lunch and which dinner.







My man came to see me every day. He took care of the puppies, and when we realized how bad the food was, he also brought me döner every day. He came to pick me up when I was released. He took such a good care of me! I did also have other visitors as well: couple of our friends stopped by in one evening and they brought a happy surprise with them: Spezi for me to drink! Also two of my colleagues came for a surprise visit which really brightened my day. They also brought a pretty flower with them.


And when my man picked me up from the hospital? These were waiting for me at home <3:


*****

Kaiken kaikkiaan vietin sairaalassa viisi päivää. Lääkärit pohtivat viikon ja viiden päivän välillä, mutta onneksi reagoin hoitoon hyvin ja elimistöni kykeni sietämään vahvat lääkkeet ilman ongelmia. Tämä tarkoitti että viisi päivää oli tarpeeksi ja sitten pääsin kotiin. Minun piti vielä toipua kotona viikko, mutta ainakin olin pois sairaalasta. Kaiken kaikkiaan näiden kahden viikon aikana sain valmiiksi yhden huivin, toisen melkein valmiiksi ja katsoin huikeat SEITSEMÄN kautta Homelandia Amazonista! (Vaikka minun on sanottava että nyt olen melko kyllästynyt terroristeihin, sisäisiin ja ulkoisiin, vakoiluun, salaliittoihin ja juonitteluun.)

Yksityisesti vakuutettuna minun piti olla yksityishuoneessa ensimmäisestä päivästä lähtien. Valitettavasti osastolla oli täyttä, ja ensimmäiset kaksi tai kolme päivää jouduin olemaan kahden hengen huoneessa. Jaoin huoneen vanhemman naisen kanssa, ja vaikka ymmärränkin että hän oli luultavasti melko yksinäinen eikä todellakaan hyvässä kunnossa, EN ymmärrä miksi hänen mielestään oli parempi herättää minut keskellä hiton yötä sen sijaan että olisi soittanut sairaanhoitajat paikalle. Minä en juuri pysty auttamaan häntä pystyyn ja vessaan. Loppujen lopuksi minä soitin hoitajat kun hän kieltäytyi. Sanomattakin on selvää että olin melko kiukkuinen. Sekin oli jo tarpeeksi ikävää että hoitajat vaihtoivat hänen vaipat puoliltaöin, ja aamutippa tuotiin klo 5. Aamupala tuotiin jo klo 7, joten mahdollisuuksia kunnon yöuniin ei juuri ollut.

Viimeiset päivät sain olla yksityishuoneessa. Tämä oli taivas. Ei keskiyön soittoja, ei keskellä yötä vaihdettuja vaippoja. Tietenkin aamutippa tuli edelleen klo 5, mutta ainakaan ei ollut herätyksiä keskellä yötä.

Yksityisvakuutettuna sain myös valita ruokani viidestä eri menusta. En ollut kovin optimistinen sillä sairaalaruoka on aina sairaalaruokaa, mutta ruoka tässä sairaalassa oli naurettavan huonoa. Siinä ei ollut tarpeeksi proteiinia, ei tuoreita vihanneksia ja hädin tuskin yksi tuore hedelmä päivässä. Illallinen oli kaksi palaa leipää ja muutama viipale joko juustoa tai kinkkua. Päivässä tarjoiltiin yksi lämmin ateria. On tietenkin toki mahdollista että jälleen oli kyseessä jotakin mikä vain olisi pitänyt tietää (kuten juomat - ruuan mukana ei tuotu mitään juotavaa, joten join pelkkää hanavettä kunnes kysyin että eikö todella ole mitään muuta tarjolla? Ja vasta silloin minulle kerrottiin että ai niin, voit saada myös mineraalivettä, teetä tai kahvia, mutta sinun pitää itse hakea ne erityisestä huoneesta! Tietenkin minä TIESIN tämän, aivan kuten TIEDÄN kaiken mikä liittyy ajatusten lukemiseen.) jotta olisin saanut kunnon ruokaa, mutta jos oli, niin se ei selvinnyt minulle näiden viiden päivän aikana. Voit arvata kuvista mikä oli aamupala, lounas ja illallinen.

Mieheni tuli katsomaan minua joka päivä. Hän huolehti ipanoista, ja kun tajusimme miten huonoa ruoka oli, hän toi minulle myös kebabin joka päivä. Hän tuli hakemaan minut kun pääsin kotiin. Hän piti minusta todella hyvää huolta! Minulla oli myös muita vieraita: pari ystävää piipahti katsomassa yhtenä iltana ja heillä oli mukanaan yllätys: Speziä juotavaksi! Myös kaksi kollegaani tulivat yllätysvierailulle joka todella piristi päivääni. He toivat myös kauniin kukkasen mukanaan.

Ja kun mieheni nouti minut sairaalasta? Nämä odottivat minua kotona <3:


No comments:

Post a Comment