Sunday, February 3, 2019

Recovering

So, I had to stay at home whole week after being released from the hospital. In truth I'm a bit uncertain how the return to work will be tomorrow, but I will at least try. There is stuff to do for sure, but of course I have be careful not to risk my health. The pain medication is going on strong, and during the week it has made me still seriously dizzy. I'll aim to go to the studio and then take it from there - if it doesn't feel like a good fit, I'll pay another visit to the doctor to discuss options.

As I mentioned, I spent my recovery week at the sofa. I crocheted my second shawl, and I watched several episodes of Homeland. Puppies were keeping great company and they were with me at the sofa non stop. Like this.




I realized to my horror that I ran out of salmiakki, licorice. Since my next trip to Finland will be only at the end of March, I possibly can't wait until that. So, one of my colleagues told me where he orders his candy from, and I did some online shopping. Look at these!!



During the weekend I did step up my game a little bit, and I made myself new nails. I wanted to try out some new things, and I'm pretty pleased with the outcome. 


All snow had already melted, and I was thinking that super, I get to go to work with my bicycle again on Monday! Until this morning... This is how my man is doing the snow shoveling. He is practicing how to tolerate cold. I'm pretty sure our neighbors call us The Crazy Finns. 


When it is snowing outside, the Mexican knows where to be. 


*****

Jouduin siis olemaan kotona koko viikon sairaalasta lähdön jälkeen. Rehellisyyden nimissä olen hieman epävarma miten huominen paluu töihin onnistuu, mutta aion ainakin yrittää. Tekemistä todellakin riittää, mutta tietenkin minun pitää olla varovainen etten riskeeraa terveyttäni. Kipulääkkeiden otto jatkuu, ja viikolla ne ovat aiheuttaneet vakavaa huimausta. Tähtään siihen että menen studiolle ja katson miltä se tuntuu - jos se ei tunnu hyvältä, käyn uudelleen lääkärissä keskustelemassa vaihtoehdoista.

Kuten mainitsin, vietin toipilasviikkoni sohvalla. Virkkasin toista huiviani, ja katsoin useita jaksoja Homelandia. Ipanat pitivät mahtavaa seuraa ja ne olivat sohvalla kanssani koko ajan. Kuten näin.

Tajusin kauhukseni että minulta on salmiakki lopussa. Koska seuraava suunniteltu Suomen reissu on vasta maaliskuun lopussa, en mitenkään voi odottaa siihen saakka. Niinpä eräs kollegani kertoi mistä hän tilaa karkkinsa, ja harrastin hieman nettishoppailua. Katsokaa!!

Viikonloppuna skarppasin hieman ja tein itselleni uudet kynnet. Halusin kokeilla uusia juttuja, ja olen melko tyytyväinen lopputulokseen.

Kaikki lumi oli jo ehtinyt sulaa, ja ajattelin että mahtavaa, pääsen maanantaina jälleen fillarilla töihin! Kunnes tänä aamuna... Näin mieheni tekee lumityöt. Hän harjoittelee kylmänsietokykyä. Olen melko varma että naapurimme kutsuvat meitä Hulluiksi Suomalaisiksi.

Kun ulkona sataa lunta, meksikaani tietää missä olla. 







No comments:

Post a Comment