Thursday, January 5, 2017

Happy New Year!

And so I have returned to Germany. Rest of the days in Edmonton went by way too fast. We celebrated New Year's Eve in a bar where my friend and the band she plays at had a gig. We also had New Year's Eve dinner - you could choose steak or lobster, and I went with steak. So did my friend, but we had to take a picture of her and her very dubious expression when the lobsters were brought to the table :D


It was a great evening!




On the last day we did a little bit of sight seeing, went to the movies and had a good dinner. 




All in all it was a great trip. Unfortunately as all good things must come to an end, so did my holiday with my friend come to an end. Annelin and Shawn, thank you a million for letting me stay at your home and patiently spending time with me and listening to my funny accent. 

I do hope year 2017 will be easier than 2016. Looking back 2016 was continuum for the changes that started in the end of 2014, shaped my life with determination during the following year and finally led me to where I am now. 2016 brought with it the biggest change of my entire life so far: relocation to Germany. As I have said many times, Germany has not been good to me and still is not. I have struggled, and I will struggle in the future. But, it has taught me the hard lesson that I will survive. If I  survived this, I can tackle anything. I do believe that all things happen for a reason, and I do want to believe that all this crap will bring at some point with it the reason why I had to live through all this. At the same time I'm very proud of myself: I did this. I relocated, and I have survived and I haven't returned to Finland even though it has been very close couple of times. I have said this before, and I will say it again: I wish that 2017 will bring with it smooth winds and calm waters. The storm cannot last forever, can it? 

*****

Ja niin olen palannut Saksaan. Viimeiset päivät Edmontonissa kuluivat aivan liian nopeasti. Juhlimme Uuden Vuoden aattoa baarissa jossa ystävälläni ja bändillä jossa hän soittaa, oli keikka. Meillä oli myös Uuden Vuoden aaton illallinen - sait valita joko pihvin tai hummerin välillä ja minä valitsin pihvin. Niin valitsi ystävänikin, mutta meidän oli pakko ottaa kuva hänestä ja hänen erittäin epäilevästä ilmeestään kun hummerit tuotiin pöytään :D

Ilta oli mahtava!

Viimeisenä päivänä katselimme vähän nähtävyyksiä, menimme elokuviin ja kävimme hyvällä illallisella. 

Kaiken kaikkiaan reissu oli mahtava. Valitettavasti kaikki hyvä loppuu aikanaan, ja niin myös lomani ystäväni kanssa tuli päätökseen. Annelin ja Shawn, kiitoksia miljoonasti että sain yöpyä luonanne ja kärsivällisesti jaksoitte viettää aikaa kanssani kuunnellen hassua aksenttiani.

Toivon että vuosi 2017 on helpompi kuin 2016. Katsoen taaksepäin 2016 oli jatkumoa muutoksille jotka alkoivat vuoden 2014 lopussa, muokaten elämääni päättäväisesti seuraavan vuoden aikana ja viimein johtaen sinne missä olen nyt. 2016 toi mukanaan elämäni suurimman muutoksen: muuton Saksaan. Kuten olen sanonut monta kertaa, Saksa ei ole ollut minulle hyvä eikä ole vieläkään. Olen kärvistellyt, ja kärvistelen tulevaisuudessakin. Mutta, se on antanut minulle raskaan oppitunnin siitä että selviän. Jos selvisin tästä, selviän ihan mistä tahansa. Uskon että kaikki asiat tapahtuvat syystä, ja haluan uskoa että kaikki tämä paska tuo mukanaan jossain vaiheessa myös syyn siihen miksi kaikki tämä piti käydä läpi. Samaan aikaan olen kovin ylpeä itsestäni: tein tämän. Muutin, olen selviytynyt enkä ole palannut Suomeen vaikka se onkin ollut todella lähellä muutaman kerran. Olen sanonut tämän ennenkin, ja sanon uudestaan: toivon että 2017 tuo mukanaan lempeät tuulet ja tyynet vedet. Myrsky ei voi jatkua loputtomiin, eihän? 


No comments:

Post a Comment