Saturday, September 3, 2016

Three months

My last summary was when I had been here five and a half weeks, and I wondered what would the next five and a half weeks bring. Now I've been here three months, and at the same time it feels like a lifetime and a blink of an eye.

I have learned how to get groceries. I have found doable running grounds. I have settled in in the loft, at least to some degree. I have a new washing machine. Next I will get a tumble dryer because I just simply hate the laundry drying all around the apartment. I have my puppies here with me, and I have found a good vet for them. I have a bank account, contract with the tv-and radio company so that I can watch tv when I will have a tv here, and I have a working german debit card.

I have started calling the loft "home". I have sort of given into Germany in a sense that I don't bother ranting about issues that I can't change anyways. Things here move incredibly slow, and you just have to get used to it.

The following day of my last summary I had a date, and to my astonishment it was not only a great date but it developed into a relationship and now we are living together. It is amazing what can happen in a few weeks when life hits the big gear.

Since the last three months have been more or less full of tears, joy, laughter - emotions of all kind, I'm even a bit exhausted just to think what the next three months will be like!

As the autumn draws near, I did brand new nails with a little bit of autumn in the colors.


*****

Edellisen yhteenvetoni kirjoitin kun olin ollut täällä viisi ja puoli viikkoa, ja ihmettelin mitä seuraavat viisi ja puoli viikkoa toisivat mukanaan. Olen nyt ollut täällä kolme kuukautta, ja samaan aikaan se tuntuu eliniältä ja silmänräpäykseltä.

Olen oppinut tekemään ruokaostokset. Olen löytänyt kohtuulliset juoksumaastot. Olen asettunut loftiini, ainakin johonkin pisteeseen saakka. Minulla on uusi pesukone. Seuraavaksi hankin kuivausrummun koska yksinkertaisesti vihaan ympäri asuntoa kuivuvaa pyykkiä. Koirani ovat täällä kanssani, ja olen löytänyt niille hyvän eläinlääkärin. Minulla on pankkitili, sopimus tv- ja radioyhtiön kanssa jotta voin katsoa tv:tä jahka saan sellaisen tänne, ja minulla on myös toimiva paikallinen debit-kortti.

Olen alkanut kutsumaan loftia kodikseni. Olen osittain antanut periksi Saksalle siinä mielessä etten jaksa vaahdota asioita joita en kuitenkaan voi muuttaa. Asiat täällä etenevät ihan valtavan hitaasti, ja siihen on vaan pakko tottua.

Edellistä yhteenvetoani seuraavana päivänä kävin treffeillä, ja hämmästyksekseni ne eivät olleet van mahtavat treffit vaan ne kehittyivät parisuhteeksi ja nyt asumme yhdessä. On hämmästyttävää mitä voi tapahtua muutamassa viikossa kun elämä iskee ison vaihteen silmään.

Koska viimeiset kolme kuukautta ovat olleet enemmän tai vähemmän täynnä kyyneleitä, iloa, naurua - kaikkia tunteita, olen jopa hieman uupunut vain ajatellessani mitä seuraavat kolme kuukautta tuovat mukanaan!

Koska syksy on lähempänä, tein upouudet kynnet joissa on myös vähän syksyä väreissä.

No comments:

Post a Comment