Sunday, November 6, 2016

Fabric market

Today was finally the day I've been waiting for the past two months - fabric market at Freising! The weather was simply the worst ever - non-stop heavy rain. But, despite the weather, I executed my plan and went to Freising. This time I even managed to take the front end of the train ending up in the right place. The market itself was outside, and despite the weather it was packed.



The market itself was a little disappointment. There were lot of sellers, but none of them had what I was really looking for. I did buy some fabrics, mainly because they were cheap and had quite unique motifs. 


When I got back home, I was wet, freezing and tired. I'm super glad that I have an electric blanket! I might actually get warm during this evening. Since it is getting very dark very early here as well, it is candle time. 


*****

Tänään oli vihdoin päivä jota olen odottanut viimeiset kaksi kuukautta - kangasmarkkinat Freisingissa! Sää oli yksinkertaisesti aivan kamala - taukoamatonta voimakasta sadetta. Mutta, säästä huolimatta, toteutin suunnitelmani ja menin Freisingiin. Tällä kertaa onnistuin jopa päätymään junan etupäähän ja löysin itseni oikeasta paikasta. Markkinat itsessään olivat ulkona, ja säästä huolimatta se oli tupaten täynnä ihmisiä. 

Markkinat itsessään olivat pieni pettymys. Siellä oli paljon myyjiä, mutta kenelläkään ei ollut sitä mitä etsin. Ostin joitakin kankaita, enimmäkseen siksi koska olivat halpoja ja melko erikoisesti kuvioitu. 

Kun pääsin kotiin, olin märkä, jäässä ja väsynyt. Olen todella iloinen sähköpeitostani! Saatan jopa lämmetä tämän illan aikana. Koska täälläkin tulee pimeä aikaisin, olen siirtynyt kynttiläaikaan. 



No comments:

Post a Comment