Sunday, December 10, 2017

Birthdays, Tollwood and Christmas Markets

On Friday I went to a birthday dinner with a friend. As I haven't done anything in this wretched city, it was amazing to notice that there actually are nice places to go to. The place was cool, food was good and plenty. We drank ridiculous amount of bubbly drinks, and I think I'm still dealing with the aftermath :D I don't have hangover as such, but I can still feel the bubbles in my bones :D





On Saturday I met fellow expats for the very first time, and I enjoyed their company tremendously. They are also bikers, so when the spring comes, we will go riding together. How awesome, right?! They are a bunch of very active people, and I hope I get to know this city a bit better with them. We met at Tollwood, and went to an Irish pub afterwards (where I of course hadn't been before). I felt the bubbly drinks still heavily, so I took only a little of glühwein and white wine, but it was a great evening! 



But there is still more to this weekend! On Sunday I met with my Finnish friend and went to Tollwood again. This time to do some shopping as I enjoy the arts and crafts. 


I got some pictures from Finland of my puppies. They are doing great, and I miss them dearly. I'm going to get them home in the middle of January, and after that I will never let them go again. 


******

Perjantaina menin synttäri-illalliselle ystävän kanssa. Koska en ole tehnyt mitään tässä kirotussa kaupungissa, oli mieletöntä huomata että täällähän on oikeasti kivoja paikkoja mihin mennä. Paikka oli jees, ruoka oli hyvää ja sitä oli runsaasti. Joimme naurettavat määrät kuplivaa, ja minusta tuntuu että maksan vieläkin hintaa siitä :D Minulla ei ole krapulaa sellaisenaan, mutta tunnen silti edelleen kuplat luissani :D

Lauantaina tapasin muutamia expatteja ensimmäistä kertaa, ja minulla oli todella hauskaa. He ovat myös mopoilijoita, joten kun kevät koittaa, menemme ajelemaan yhdessä. Kuinka mahtaa, vai mitä?! He ovat joukko erittäin aktiivisia ihmisiä, ja toivon että heidän kanssaan opin tuntemaan kaupunkia vähän paremmin. Tapasimme Tollwoodissa, ja menimme irlantilaiseen pubiin jälkeenpäin (jossa en tietenkään ollut koskaan aiemmin käynyt). Tunsin kuplivat juomat silti edelleen vahvasti, joten otin vain vähän glühweiniä ja valkoviiniä, mutta ilta oli todella hauska!

Mutta ei tämä tähän pääty! Sunnuntaina tapasin suomalaisen ystäväni ja menimme jälkeen Tollwoodiin. Tällä kertaa tosin vain ostoksille sillä tykkään käsitöistä. 

Sain myös kuvia Suomesta ipanoistani. Niillä on kaikki hyvin, ja minä ikävöin niitä kovasti. Olen menossa hakemaan heidät kotiin tammikuun puolessa välissä, ja sen jälkeen en päästä niistä ikinä enää irti.  



No comments:

Post a Comment