Thursday, December 7, 2017

Indepence Day

Yesterday was the 100th Independence Day for Finland. I've never been very patriotic, but now that I've been away, it's more and more important where I come from. I did some arts and crafts to show that I'm a proud Finn for my building as well.


It took a lot of swearwords to get this damn thing finalized. I couldn't find white Christmas balls, so I had to settle for silver and blue. I couldn't find a proper base for it, so I had build that from the scratch. Then the balls ran out, so I had to do roses from napkins. In the end the roses actually fit in it pretty well as they resemble a little bit of snow. It is now hanging in my door, telling my neighbors where I'm from. 

Happy Independence Day, Finland. I couldn't be more proud, and grateful for all the sacrifices done by previous generations. Finland will always be in my heart, and it will always be my core. 

*****

Eilen oli Suomen 100. Itsenäisyyspäivä. En ole koskaan ollut kovin patrioottinen, mutta nyt kun olen ollut pois Suomesta, on tullut tärkeämmäksi ja tärkeämmäksi se mistä tulen. Niinpä askartelin kranssin näyttääkseni koko talolle että olen ylpeä suomalainen. 

Tähän upposi paljon kirosanoja ennen kuin kranssi valmistui. En löytänyt valkoisia joulupalloja, joten jouduin tyytymään hopeisiin ja sinisiin. En löytänyt valmista kranssipohjaa, joten sekin piti tehdä itse. Sitten joulupallot loppuivat kesken, joten piti tehdä servettiruusuja. Loppujen lopuksi ruusut sopivat kranssiin aika hyvin sillä ne tuovat siihen vähän lumisuutta. Nyt kranssi roikkuu ovessani, kertoen naapureilleni mistä tulen. 

Hyvää Itsenäisyyspäivää, Suomi. En voisi olla ylpeämpi, ja kiitollisempi niistä kaikista uhrauksista joita edelliset sukupolvet ovat tehneet. Suomi pysyy aika sydämessäni, ja se on aina ytimeni. 

No comments:

Post a Comment