Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Basic day

After the weekend full of dragging old furniture out and getting new stuff in, it felt almost as a holiday going to work on Monday. And with my dear stuff that I found from one of the boxes when emptying them! When I get homesick at work, all I need is little salmiakki, my favorite colored pen and morning tea from the mug I got as a going away present from a group of very special ladies <3




Today we had a small BBQ at the studio. Pretty nice - no special occasion, just some beer and hamburgers for all - and even weather turned surprisingly very summerly.


Though it seems that German efficiency is a myth. I've been now mostly waiting. Waiting access to servers, permissions to access this and that, and today I learned that IT will set up my brand new Mac without internet! Hmm, it will become pretty difficult to work when traveling without internet. Such as emails will be hard to access without it... And don't even get me started about incident on my second day: lock of the front door got broken and the whole studio waited for half a day just to get in. It would've been cheaper just to break in than to keep everybody standing outside doing nothing for half a day!!

****

Työntäyteisen viikonlopun jälkeen tuntui lähes lomalta mennä töihin maanantaina. Ja vieläpä rakkaiden esineideni kanssa jotka löysin muuttolaatikoista! Kun koti-ikävä töissä iskee, tarvitsen vain vähän salmiakkia, lempparikynäni ja aamuteeni mukista, jonka sain läksiäislahjaksi ryhmältä erittäin tärkeitä naisia <3

Tänään studiolla oli pienet grillijuhlat. Ei mitään erikoistapahtumaa, kaikille hampurilaiset ja vähän olutta. Jopa sää muuttui yllättäen varsin kesäiseksi.

Vaikka tuntuukin siltä että saksalainen tehokkuus on myytti. Tähän mennessä olen enimmäkseen odottanut. Pääsyä servereille, käyttöoikeuksia sinne sun tänne, ja tänään valkeni että IT aikoo asentaa upouuden Mäkkini ilman internetiä! Työnteko matkustaessa vaikeutuu huomattavasti ilman nettiä, kuten vaikkapa sähköpostin käyttö... En viitsi edes aloittaa meuhkaamaan sattumasta toisena työpäivänäni: etuoven lukko meni rikki, ja koko studio odotti puoli päivää vain päästäkseen sisään. Olisi ollut halvempaa rikkoa ikkuna ja murtautua sisään kuin seisottaa kaikkia ulkona tekemättä mitään puolen päivän ajan! 

4 comments:

  1. remember your in southern germany, not the north. efficiency does not pertain to all germans:)
    good luck with your new life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought this is not THAT south that mañana applies already :D

      Delete
    2. It does, found that out when I was working in Stuttgart together with a company in Munich......monday always turned into friday or the following monday! have fun
      I must visit some time in the future.

      Delete
    3. It would be extremely nice to get together if you happen to be around these corners! Let me know :)

      Delete