Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Chai latte

This chai latte deserves another note. I can't get over how smooth, thick, creamy and spicy the first sip of it is. I think I will be spending a fortune in these chai lattes.


I am still waiting for my German phone. Or SIM-card to be exact. It's been now three weeks. Three goddamn weeks. How slow can it be?! At least a bag for my new laptop arrived today.


The little things in foreign country: I needed salt. So I went to my local tiny grocery shop to get some salt. Hmm...  I guess one of these will do? And needless to say, I ended up guessing what the words mean besides salt. 


But to my delight and a completely surprise I found chai latte powder from my tiny grocery store. Of course I tried it immediately after getting to my loft and damn! It was actually really good! 


But still, it is hard to see the positive sides of this journey to Germany. The feeling of being an outsider has not passed, loneliness has not passed and somehow I don't see any options or choices. I got very nice feedback from my CEO him stating that they really like me and my way of working, that I'm efficient, strict but yet do everything with ease and overall friendliness and that they hope this will be a long-lasting relationship. Anybody else would've been pleased to hear this feedback, but me? All I could think of was "I'm in prison and I'm never getting out". How fucked up is that? 

****

Tämä chai latte ansaitsee uuden maininnan. En pääse yli siitä miten pehmeä, paksu, kermainen ja mausteinen ensimmäinen suullinen on. Luulen että tuhlaan omaisuuden näihin chai latteihin. 

Odotan edelleen saksalaista puhelintani. Tai SIM-korttia jos tarkkoja ollaan. Nyt on mennyt kolme viikkoa. Kolme helkkarin viikkoa. Kuinka hidasta se voi olla?! Sentään kantolaukku uudelle kannettavalleni saapui tänään. 

Pikku asiat vieraassa maassa: tarvitsin suolaa. Menin siis pikkuiseen lähikauppaani ostaakseni suolaa. Hmm... Vissiin jokin näistä on kelpo? Tarpeetonta edes mainita, mutta päädyin arvaamaan mitä sanat suolan lisäksi tarkoittavat. 

Mutta ilokseni ja täydelliseksi yllätyksekseni löysin chai latte jauhetta pikkuisesta lähikaupastani. Toki kokeilin sitä heti loftilleni päästyäni ja hittolainen! Sehän oli todella hyvää! 

Mutta silti on vaikeaa nähdä tämän Saksan-matkan positiivisia puolia. Ulkopuolisuuden tunne ei ole väistynyt, yksinäisyys ei ole väistynyt ja jotenkin en edes näe vaihtoehtoja. Sain erittäin mukavaa palautetta CEO:lta hänen sanoessaan että pitävät minusta ja tavastani tehdä töitä todella paljon, että olen tehokas, tiukka ja silti teen kaiken helposti ja ystävällisesti, ja että he toivovat että tästä tulee pitkäaikainen suhde. Kuka tahansa muu olisi ilahtunut kuullessaan tämän, mutta minä? Ainoa mitä pystyin ajattelemaan oli "olen vankilassa enkä pääse koskaan ulos". Kuinka viturallaan sellainen ajatus on? 



No comments:

Post a Comment