Monday, May 8, 2017

The convertible

As I wrote, during the weekend I was on a roadtrip. My friend arrived to Germany as planned and I picked her up from the airport. Then it was time to get the car. I had rented a convertible and I got exactly what I was expecting. 


She was a thirsty beast, but unfortunately way too lazy for my taste. Very steady on the highway, but when hitting the pedal to the medal, nothing happened. Full of fancy new technology and yet undoubtedly the worst navigation operation system I've ever seen. She was also very big. I mean long and wide. Had couple of scary moments with her on the serpentine roads when there was a bus coming towards us and nowhere to yield and road was very, very narrow... But, all went well, she was all in all enough comfort to enjoy the driving. 

*****

Kuten kirjoitin, viikonloppuna olin roadtripillä. Ystäväni saapui Saksaan suunnitellusti ja menin lentokentälle häntä vastaan. Sitten oli aika hakea auto. Olin vuokrannut avoauton ja sain juuri sen mitä odotinkin. 

Se oli janoinen peto, mutta valitettavasti aivan liian laiska minun makuuni. Hyvin tasainen moottoritiellä, mutta kun painoi kaasun pohjaan, mitään ei tapahtunut. Täynnä uutta hienoa teknologiaa ja silti epäilemättä huonoin navigaattorin käyttöliittymä jonka olen koskaan nähnyt. Se oli myös hyvin iso. Tarkoitan siis pitkä ja leveä. Meillä oli muutama jännä hetki serpentiiniteillä kun vastaan tuli bussi eikä tilaa väistää ollut ja tie oli hyvin, hyvin kapea... Mutta, kaikki meni hyvin, se oli kaiken kaikkiaan tarpeeksi mukava ajettava jotta ajaminen oli nautinto. 

No comments:

Post a Comment