Friday, May 26, 2017

Up close and personal

This will be my most personal and ugliest post so far. I have been wondering should I even post this...

I have described my being in Germany like a prison to which I do not have the key. This week I fell even to a deeper and blacker hole than before, and I don't know if I have the strength just to crawl even little bit towards the light. I have struggled, I have endured, I have held on and I have tried. I have tried so hard to find my place and trying to learn to live in this community and in many ways I have succeeded. In many ways I have been very proud of myself: I moved here, I have made a life for myself here, I'm good at my work.

And the other side of the coin... Maybe it's me. Maybe I am trying TOO hard. I'm profoundly alone here, and it seems that I will be. I was in a relationship that at first seemed really good and a perfect match, but soon turned toxic and it took me a while to find my strength to end it. I did find it, and then I started dating again. I even found against all my expectations someone gentle, someone real and someone who was willing to welcome me into his life and world. But, that turned sour as well and again I'm standing in the ruins of a relationship and the thing in common with these is me. It seems here there is no empathy nor sympathy for me from other people.

I have been here for almost a year now. Facebook shows you the memories of past years, and during these past few days it has showed me pictures for my going away parties, last days spent with my friends, and all I've been able to think is what I gave up, what I let go and what did I get in return? Hardships, more tears than I ever thought it's even possible to cry, massive insomnia problem. When comes the moment that I can say this trip was well worth it? Will this moment ever come? I have also said that this is just a storm that will pass in its due time, and I just have to wait it out. When will it be calm water and blue skies?

How long does one have to endure before one simply gives up and lets go? Because right now I am more tired than I have ever been.

*****

Tästä tulee henkilökohtaisin ja rumin postaus tähän mennessä. Olen pohtinut pitäisikö tätä edes julkaista...

Olen kuvaillut Saksassa oloani vankilana johon minulla ei ole avainta. Tällä viikolla putosin vieläkin syvempään ja mustempaan kuoppaan kuin aiemmin, enkä tiedä onko minulla voimia edes ryömiä pikkuisen kohti valoa. Olen kamppaillut, olen kärvistellyt, olen sinnitellyt ja olen yrittänyt. Olen yrittänyt niin kovasti löytää paikkani ja yrittänyt oppia elämään tässä yhteiskunnassa ja monella tavalla olenkin siinä onnistunut. Monella tavalla olen ollut valtavan ylpeä itsestäni: muutin tänne, olen rakentanut itselleni elämän tänne, olen hyvä työssäni.

Ja kolikon toinen puoli... Ehkä se olenkin minä. Ehkä yritän LIIAN kovasti. Olen perinpohjaisen yksin täällä, ja näyttää siltä että se ei muutu. Olin parisuhteessa joka aluksi vaikutti olevan hyvä ja täydellinen mätsi, mutta joka pian muuttui myrkylliseksi ja minulla kesti aikani löytää voimani sen lopettamiseksi. Löysin voimani, ja sitten aloitin uudelleen käymään treffeillä. Löysin vastoin kaikkia odotuksiani jonkun lempeän, jonkun oikean ja jonkun joka oli valmis toivottamaan minut tervetulleeksi elämäänsä ja maailmaansa. Mutta, sekin muuttui happamaksi ja jälleen seison parisuhteen raunioilla ja yhteinen nimittäjä olen minä itse. Näyttää siltä ettei täällä minulle ole sympatiaa tai empatiaa muiden ihmisten taholta.

Olen ollut täällä nyt melkein vuoden. Facebook näyttää muistoja menneiltä vuosilta, ja viimeisten päivien aikana se on näyttänyt minulle kuvia läksiäisjuhlistani, viimeisistä päivistä ystävien kanssa, ja ainoa mitä pystyn ajattelemaan on mistä kaikesta luovuin, mistä päästin irti ja mitä sain tilalle? Vaikeuksia, enemmän kyyneleitä kuin luulin olevan edes mahdollista itkeä, massiivisen unettomuusongelman. Koska koittaa se hetki kun voin sanoa kaiken olleen tämän arvoista? Tuleeko se hetki ikinä? Olen myös sanonut että tämä on vain myrsky joka menee ohi ajallaan, ja minun pitää vain odottaa sen ohimenoa. Koska vedet ovat lempeät ja taivaat siniset?

Kuinka kauan pitää jaksaa vain yrittää sinnitellä kunnes sitä luovuttaa ja antaa olla? Koska juuri nyt olen väsyneempi kuin koskaan aiemmin.

No comments:

Post a Comment