Thursday, October 5, 2017

Gloomy days

I don't know if it's the time of the year or what, but I've been feeling very miserable the past couple of days. At work it has been few shitty days, and if I'd known all that I know now, I would have made very different decisions. Today is also the day when I wrote exactly one year ago in my blog the post about two becoming one. It's hard to read those updates, because even now, after all this time, the pain is too close, too easy to grab.

It's very difficult to explain what makes me feel this way. There are lot of things that are perfectly fine now and I'm very grateful of every single one of them. I mean, I'm healthy, I have food on my plate, I have a roof above my head, my puppies are doing great, I have a good job and lets not forget my toys. Yesterday I even went to the movies with a bunch of people. However, I haven't felt this lonely in a while. I'm dependent of the mercy of others in everything. I don't have my own friends here other than that one Finnish lady, so going to the movies with bunch of people who are all friends together just shows painfully how lonely I am here. They have their friends and their lives, and I'm just hoping they would take me in. I'm an outsider looking in, and it reminds me of the episode of Sex and The City where Carrie moved to Paris and she passed by one restaurant seeing group of friends laughing together and for a short moment she thought they were her friends.

I'm trying my hardest to learn the language, and now my teacher yells at me every time I try to speak English to her that I have to speak German. And that's good, it's the only way to learn (and honestly the teacher is awesome and I like her a lot), but just as I think I've learned something, like numbers, I go to a sushi place only to realize that the waitress has such a thick accent that I understand nothing. And again somebody has to help me out. When will I fit in? When will I have a life here? When will I be less of an outsider?

I know this will pass. It has passed before, it will pass again, and I have genuinely had very good days, and a lot of them. Patience is not one of my virtues, but I guess all I can now do is to wait it out.  I'm just so tired of trying my hardest in everything.

*****

En tiedä johtuuko se vuodenajasta vai mistä, mutta olen ollut todella alamaissa muutamat viimeiset päivät. Töissä on ollut melko paskamaista, ja jos olisin tiennyt kaiken mitä tiedän nyt, olisin tehnyt täysin erilaiset päätökset. Tänään tulee myös tasan vuosi siitä kun kirjoitin blogiini miten kahdesta tuli yksi. On vaikeaa lukea niitä päivityksiä, sillä edelleenkin, kaiken tämän ajan jälkeen, tuska on liian lähellä, liian helppo tavoittaa.

On vaikeaa selittää miksi minusta tuntuu tältä. On paljon asioita jotka ovat hyvin ja olen kiitollinen joka ikisestä niistä. Olen terve, minulla on ruokaa lautasella, pääni päällä on katto, ipanat voivat hyvin, minulla on hyvä työ eikä sovi unohtaa lelujani. Eilen menin jopa elokuviin muutamien tyyppien kanssa. En ole kuitenkaan tuntenut oloani näin yksinäiseksi taas aikoihin. Olen kaikessa riippuvainen muista ihmisistä. Minulla ei ole omia ystäviä täällä lukuunottamatta suomalaista naisystävääni, joten muutamien tyyppien kanssa elokuviin meno vain näyttää miten tuskallisen yksinäinen täällä olen. Näillä tyypeillä on omat ystävänsä ja omat elämänsä, ja voin vain toivoa että he kelpuuttavat minut joukkoonsa. Olen ulkopuolinen, ja se tuo mieleeni Sinkkuelämää -sarjan jakson jossa Carrie muutti Pariisiin ja erään ravintolan ohi kävellessään näki sisällä joukon naisia nauramassa yhdessä ja hetken aikaa Carrie luuli niitä ystävikseen.

Yritän todella kovasti oppia kielen, ja nyt opettajani huutaa minulle joka kerta kun yritän puhua englantia että minun pitää puhua saksaa. Ja se on hyvä, se on ainoa tapa oppia (ja oikeasti opettaja on ihan mahtava ja pidän hänestä kovasti), mutta juuri kun luulen että olen oppinut jotain, kuten numerot, menen sushiravintolaan vai huomatakseni että tarjoilijalla on niin paksu aksentti etten ymmärrä mitään. Ja jälleen joku joutuu auttamaan minua. Koska löydän paikkani? Koska saan tänne elämän? Koska minusta tulee vähemmän ulkopuolinen?

Tiedän että tämä menee ohi. On mennyt ennenkin, menee tälläkin kertaa, ja minulla on aidosti ollut oikein hyviä päiviä, ja paljon. Kärsivällisyys ei ole hyveitäni, mutta en kai voi tehdä juuri muuta kuin odottaa. Olen vain niin väsynyt yrittämään kaikessa niin kovasti.

6 comments:

  1. Voi Sini haleja ja voimia syksyyn lähetän. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's inspiring to read your thoughts...and how well you express them! You are a very strong person! Hoping you find all the love n happiness soon! Big Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your very kind words! I treasure them <3 I hope life is treating you well!

      Delete
    2. Life's a roller coaster ride with a kid onboard now :D

      Delete
    3. Then enjoy the roller coaster ride :D

      Delete