Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Sundays and cakes

On Sunday I took my Furioza and went to the fabric market with my Finnish friend. I forgot to take pictures as it was freezing, but this time I came home empty handed. It was the same fabric market I went to last year but then it was in Freising. This time it was on the north side of Munich. As crowded as before, and almost as crappy weather as before. This time no rain, but freezing wind and as I've become completely spoiled with the milder climate, I almost froze my ass off.

After the fabric market we went to have a cup of coffee with my friend. And some cake. I have to say: despite all the struggles they have the best cakes here. Self-made, juicy, fresh and ridiculously cheap. Slice of heaven. This apple cake was no exception.


*****

Sunnuntaina otin Furiozani ja kävin suomalaisen ystäväni kanssa kangasmarkkinoilla. Unohdin ottaa kuvia sillä keli oli jäätävää, mutta tällä kertaa tulin kotiin tyhjin käsin. Kyseessä oli samat markkinat kuin viime vuonna Freisingissä. Tällä kertaa ne olivat Münchenin pohjoispuolella. Aivan yhtä ruuhkaisaa kuin aiemminkin, ja lähes yhtä surkea keli kuin viimeksikin. Tällä kertaa ei sadetta, mutta jäätävä tuuli ja koska olen täysin pilalle hemmoteltu lempeämmän ilmaston suhteen, perseeni lähes jäätyi.

Kangasmarkkinoiden jälkeen kävimme hörppäämässä kupit kahvia ystäväni kanssa. Ja syömässä palat kakkua. On myönnettävä: huolimatta kaikista vaikeuksista, täällä on parhaat kakut. Itsetehdyt, mehukkaat, tuoreet ja naurettavan halvat. Pala taivasta. Tämä omenakakku ei ollut poikkeus.

2 comments: