Thursday, November 23, 2017

Fabrics and sunshine

I've been meaning to check out couple of fabrics store already for a very, very long time ago, and finally now on Saturday I had time to do that. First one was a disappointment, but the second one was a great surprise! It was pretty big. Not like Eurokangas in Finland, but big enough. This will do just fine.





I did find the last missing fabric for my new winter jacket. I've been playing with an idea of a new jacket, and then I saw the jacket Daenerys is wearing in the last season of Game of Thrones when she goes beyond The Wall, and then it hit me. That will be the inspiration for my jacket, and I will shamelessly copy some of the ideas from that jacket. These are the fabrics for it.



It's been couple of very sunny and very warm days here. I've been feeling again very gloomy, despite the weather. As I've said, relocation is not always easy. Sometimes it hits you harder than other times, and of course the jet lag and problems with sleeping because of that have taken their toll as well. But despite that and because I know that in Finland it's snowing and storming, I have to post this just to brag how nice it's here!


*****

Minulla on ollut tarkoitus käydä tsekkaamassa pari kangaskauppaa jo todella pitkään, ja vihdoinkin lauantaina minulla oli siihen aikaa. Ensimmäinen oli pettymys, mutta toinen oli mahtava yllätys! Se oli melko iso. Ei kuten Eurokangas Suomessa, mutta riittävän iso. Tällä pärjätään. 

Löysin viimeisen puuttuvan kankaan uuteen talvitakkiini. Olen leikitellyt ajatuksella uudesta takista, ja kun sitten näin takin joka Daeneryksellä on viimeisimmän Game of Thronesin kaudessa päällään kun hän lähtee Muurin toiselle puolelle, se iski tajuntaani. Se on inspiraatio takkiini, ja aion häpeilemättä kopioida joitakin ideoita siitä takista. Tässä on kankaat uuteen takkiini.

Täällä on ollut oikein nättiä ja aurinkoista viime päivinä. Fiilikseni ovat olleet jälleen melko alamaissa, huolimatta keleistä. Kuten olen sanonut, relokaatio ei ole aina helppoa. Joskus se iskee raskaammin kuin joskus toiste, ja tottakai jetlagilla ja siitä aiheutuvilla univaikeuksilla on ollut oma osansa. Siitä huolimatta ja koska tiedän että Suomessa on ollut lumimyrskyä, minun on pakko julkaista tämä kuva jotta voin leuhkia miten nättiä täällä on!








1 comment: